Hello! Are you still there? Oh, thank goodness! I thought I lost you. Thank you so much for bearing with me during my unexpected blogging hiatus. My online Photoshop class is finally over, and I’m back in bloggy action.
Want to see my final class project? I had to design a magazine cover, so I did a spoof of a parenting magazine called GUILT. (Click on the image to view larger.) What do you think? Does this sound about right?
Hahaha! I had a lot of fun with that project. The other ones? Meh, not so much. Well, some of them were kind of fun, but most were time consuming and frustrating. I so did not expect a summer class that is online to consume ten hours a week when I enrolled. I about crapped when the professor sent out the syllabus that first week. Photoshop is a truly amazing tool, but there are so many options, and so many features do the same thing. I still have so much to learn, but this class was a great introduction.
I also learned that my little laptop is not powerful enough for the badass-ness that is Photoshop. My usually speedy little machine ran soooooo sloooooow, making every assignment take an excruciating long time. I’m so not a patient person. Anyway, if you’d like to see the class assignments that ripped my attention away from you for so long (and have a little chuckle at my amateur Photoshop skills), check out my assignment blog. Go ahead, I can wait.
So what did you think? You’re probably thinking, “Each of those assignments seriously took you ten hours to complete? WTH?” Hey, each one had THREE PARTS! And did you read the part about my slow laptop?
Anyway, all that madness is over, and I have so much to share with you. Here’s what’s coming up in the next few weeks on the blog.
First, my friend, Robin, and I are throwing a The Very Hungry Caterpillar themed baby shower today for another friend. Robin and I are a great team because both love creative projects and we both get a little Pinterest-happy (e.g., we nerd-out and get waaaay too excited about this stuff). So tune in next week for some super cute, Pinterest-worthy party pics and see what we’ve been up to.
Speaking of fun, creative projects, Operation Big Boy Bedroom is complete! I’m not sure who’s more excited about Quinn’s new train-themed bedroom, him or me, but I'm guessing it's me. I’ll have lots of Pinterest-worthy pics of all that awesomeness coming up, too.
A Big Boy Bedroom means a Big Boy Bed. Tonight will be Q’s first night out of the crib and sleeping in his new room and in his new twin bed. I’m kinda nervous. Maybe more than kinda. I’ll keep you updated on how all that is going. Please cross your fingers for us!
Plus, there have been all kinds of topics cluttering up my brain that I’m about to spill all over you like there’s no tomorrow. For example:
- You’re going to hear all about the man who hates me. (Yes, someone hates me, and it’s not even my ex-husband... although he probably hates me, too.)
- I’m also going to describe the perfect apology and why most of us suck at it. (Yes, including me... and you.)
- Remember that babysitter I finally found on Care.com? Yeah, well I had to fire her. I'll fill you in on all that drama.
- I’m finally going to start writing some letters to Baby Dragon like I did for Quinn before he was born. (I can’t believe I haven’t written one of these yet. The poor kid is neglected already.)
- I’m going to pour my heart out about why I feel like I’m a different/worse mom to Baby Dragon than I am to Q. (See previous example.)
- Oh yeah, and I’m very, very pregnant. So that’s still going on.
- And sooooo much more.